After an odd Indian Summer this Fall, the first frost finally greeted us, signaling an end to the warm weather and marking colder days ahead of us. For homeowners, this change of season means it’s time to winterize your home to prevent bursting pipes and spending thousands of dollars on repairs. Check out the video to see how it’s done, or keep reading!
1. Locate the two house bib valves inside your house. They should be clearly labeled—one for the front and one for the back.
2. Shut off the water to both bibs; horizontal should be the off-position.
3. Walk outside and disconnect your garden hose and open both spigots. You’re going to leave them open all winter!
4. Bleed out the remaining water in the lines through the bleed valve located next to the bib valves.
5. No frozen pipes this season!