Enjoying the Indian Summer, we’re having? This stroke of warm weather won’t last long, and you may be wondering how to experience Autumn festivities while we’re still amid a Pandemic. After all, Fall has always been a time for celebration and gathering! Feasts are thrown for lucrative fall harvests, Oktoberfest parties are marked by the changing of leaves, and Halloween promises a perfectly frightful season. Below, we have listed the DC Metro Area’s top Fall events that have been reimagined for 2020. Enjoy your Fall Harvest, live your most wholesome life this season, and stay safe!
1. Wunder Garten’s Annual Oktoberfest: Although they will be following the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines, this event will not be any less festive! This annual Oktoberfest at Wunder Garten will feature five weekends chock-full of German food, music, contests, décor, and of course, lots of beer!
2. Mount Vernon Harvest Day: Masks and social distancing required during this harvest featuring early-American games, horsedrawn carriage rides, music, wheat treading, a hay maze, and more!
3. Taste of Georgetown: This culinary extravaganza usually features 35 of Washington’s most distinguished restaurants serving samples of their signature dishes paired with complementing wines. The region’s top chefs typically test their culinary skills during the incredible Georgetown Chef Showdown! In 2020, this event will be revised as a Shop event, featuring take-out, delivery, and outdoor dining specials.
4. Cox Farms Fall Festival: This enormous annual celebration checks off all the fall boxes with safety in mind. Drive the hayride route in your car with snacks from the market and order fall essentials like holiday treats and decorations for curbside pick up. Several versions of the beloved photo stations will be set up around the park to minimize lines but still allow you to get the traditional family photo! All transactions at the farm will be cashless.
5. Silver Spring Arts And Crafts Fall Fair: Over 60 arts and crafts, food, and dessert vendors will be featured with social distancing and masks required!
6. Reston Fall Festival and Market: Pick up your favorite fall treats, produce, and flowers! Plus, take your little ones to enjoy the fall festival with a maze, train ride, balloon animals, and more. This year, you’ll need timed tickets for 90 minutes of playtime at 9:00, 11:00, 1:00, 3:00, or 5:00. All areas will be cleaned between time slots, and no one will be admitted with a temperature over 100.4.